Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Movie in a corpus

When I say "you can put movies in your corpus", most people never believe it. Maybe they do not see why I should do that in the first place. Well, a dictionary with lots of drawings appears more attractive than the one without, at least for me.

Again, AppleTrans corpus is not just a translation memory. You can arrange it for your needs other than translation. Here I got a sample to show you how it works. The picture below is "Movie Finder" corpus, a catalog of movie trailers in my archive.

It is more like a free form database. This snapshot shows the corpus pulling out a record by a couple of actors name. Note that the movie shown in the record is an alias to the actual file on a server. This is cool, don't you think?

Movie Finder snapshot

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite wild. Can you explain a little bit about how one would store a movie, or a photo (link to a photo is it?) in a corpus?

Also... err, I can't quite help noticing you have 8 accessories... anything cool in those extra 2?

12:24 AM  
Blogger hiruneko said...

You can drag a movie/photo file from Finder into the text view. When you are asked if you want to put it as an alias or a copy, choose alias for a movie.

I have installed two extra accessories - one for online dictionary (of Japanese EPWING format) browser, and the other for reading alert messages when you hit a record.

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks. very cool indeed.

That EPWING accessory: would that let me access my koujien denshibook (EB) from within appletrans? I use jamming right now (and have it copied to the HD, not using the mini disc).

1:42 PM  
Blogger hiruneko said...

That accessory is written using EB Library, so it is supposed to read EB dictionary as well.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home